This is a pretty easy DIY project and makes a great prop to any photo shoot with your baby or even just to personalize your baby’s bedroom!
– big wooden letter (bought the one shown at Michaels Arts & Crafts)
– little wooden letters for child’s name (bought in a large pack from Michaels Arts & Crafts)
– paint brushes
– mod podge
After choosing the big letter you want as well as the name, you then choose the paint colors. Simply paint everything, glue on with mod podge and you’re done. It’s literally that simple and looks great!
Here’s a look on how I used mine:
It’s hard to choose which DIY craft I wanted to blog about first, but I thought I’d start off with one of my favorites at the moment. So here it is:
My Family Handprints on Canvas
This is definitely a must-have craft for any family, especially with a new family member! It’s super easy as well, and makes a great keepsake! You can also include your dog too 😉
– medium size canvas (or any size that fits your family)
– acrylic paint
– paint brush
– wooden letters (huge pack I got from Michaels Arts & Crafts)
– mod podge
Here’s what to do:
First I decided which paint colors I was going to use. Dark blue for dad, pink for mama, light blue for baby, grey for our doggy and black for the lettering.
Next, one by one, we each painted our left hands with a sponge with the paint color we chose for ourselves. For our canvas hand prints, I wanted them layered a little on top of each other. For baby’s hand print (which didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted it, but it’s perfect and cute in it’s own way), you will definitely need an extra hand! My baby was only a few weeks old, so he still had the “grasp reflex” which made it super hard to get him to keep his hand open because he always wanted to make a fist. It took us a good 10 minutes to actually get his little hand to stay open in time for us to put it on canvas (the paint kept on drying before we could get his hand print!). Anyways, we finally did it! TIP: When working with new born babies, it’s much easier to just use their little feet. Here it is:
After this, to complete the look, I wanted to title the canvas with “Our Family” and the year which we did this “2015”. I used these cute wooden letter and numbers I found at Michaels Arts & Crafts (which came in a big pack), which I simply painted black. Once they were dry, I used mod podge to glue them on to the canvas. Et voila!
Simple, easy, and looks great on our living room shelf! Happy crafting 🙂
Oh hi there!
As you can see from my first post, I was 17 weeks pregnant… I didn’t even completely finish my first post! Well here I am now, laying in bed next to my beautiful baby boy who just turned seven weeks yesterday. Seriously… time flies. I’ve been trying so hard to blog, wanting to document & keep up to date with my son’s life, but reality is, it’s hard. Motherhood has officially taken over.
I’ve been thinking a lot of what I want my blog to focus on, and I just thought to stick to what I know, love, and have been doing for years. As well as my current new life, motherhood!
Here’s the breakdown:
1) Mommy life posts. Which obviously is all new to me, and can’t wait to hear from all the other blogging mama’s out there!
2) DIY craft posts. If you know me, you’d know that I’ve always been crafty in school. It wasn’t until I started dating my now husband, that I fell in LOVE with scrapbooking (which is actually an expensive hobby I may add). From there it went to DIY projects for our wedding, and now for our baby. I love being creative, and having things personal and personalized.
3) Baking posts. I always loved baking, but it wasn’t until I was jobless after having to quit my job as a graduate nurse to return back to school, that I found my love of baking again. Especially for cakes and cupcakes. Decorating cakes and cupcakes is seriously just another form of crafting to me, but even better because you get to eat it too 🙂
4) Photography posts. I just received my first SLR camera (T5 Rebel) for my birthday which I really wanted. I’ve always been interested in photography, and now with my baby boy, I definetly needed a better camera than just my cellphone. I’m a total newbie, but that’s OK. I have 10 more months of maternity leave to learn a thing or two!
That’s that! I hope to stick to it & I hope you enjoy my blog 🙂
Welcome to my blog! This isn’t the first time I’ve attempted to start a blog. I could never stick to it. Now that I have an actual focus, I think this will be the one that sticks 🙂
This is the start if my pregnancy blog!
I’m currently 17 weeks pregnant, and our baby is due July 2015. I was doing my weekly white board update (idea I saw on Pinterest) when I thought, I wonder if this pin is linked to a pregnancy blog. Of course it was. Then I thought, I should really start one. So here I am!